Thursday 22 May 2014

Truly The First!

Hello dears,
    okay, okay, i'll admit this post is me going overboard with my new-found love for my newest bank, First Bank of Nigeria (FBN). No be say person no dey use bank before but for me to decide to create a nail art post about it, nna mehn i don dey love up be dat. In my own words, this is a "famzus attempticus hilaricus" meaning  a hilarious attempt to famz my bank (if na you nko?!)..lol

   120 years of existence is not a joke. A couple of months back i got fed up with my regular bank after a particularly nasty complaint session that had me leaving declaring i wouldn't come back (wash, i still dey maintain that account in the unnamed bank. What can i say? Loyalty..lol).. However my mood required me to shift allegiance nah nah nah. Did my research and finally walked into a First Bank branch in my town after a couple of days stewing inside my head. Lord! Best decision til date. I opened an account under an hour, got my card and the courtesy throughout was unbelievable. Out of curiousity, i have been to like 8 branches in different places to see if i could catch one of their staff in a rotten mood and thus be justified to say it was a one-time courtesy thing because i was a new customer. Never happened!. Every single branch i walked into had people smiling at me anyhow like say i win lottery for dia hand. wowzz!.. Surprising i tell you. Till now i sometimes walk inside a First Bank branch just to cool off (AC tinz nooni), to transact and smile at the lovely people behind the counter.. Kudos to the staff who i believe were fed some special feel-good food during their training that makes it hard for me to stay away. All that goodwill just flows to their customers. No wonder they keep winning the award for Best Bank in Nigeria, think for the 3rd or 4th time running now. The only thing i think i can complain about is long queues but who in their right senses does not expect that on mondays and fridays?..lol (i like mid-week visits, less stress)

   For some time i ruminated about doing a nail art post using the element colours of their new logo (they just rebranded and made changes to the old one). Rummaged through my work box and found lacquer colours closest to it. Some moron somewhere says the saffron yellow on the new logo is gold. How could it be gold? U no dey see??..
   Pictures down below..enjoy!



Newest First Bank Logo celebrating 120 years of banking



The old logo of First Bank, Nigeria


I did this post immediately after cleaning the last one because i was afraid if i didn't do it immediately, it probably would never get done. Maybe that's why the cuticle area looks like a Shakespearian disaster. Love it anyway.

Blue, Yellow and White


my trusty photography companion came in handy again..pin intended





Don't even ask why i didn't attempt the elephant. Two reasons: 1.) No time. 2.) I'm thinking of doing that at a later date. Need to create the stencil to transfer it and like the first excuse, no time just yet. sowiee!
Photo mashup of three pics




The Logo and I.. Catchy innit?..lol







Frankly those higgedly-piggedly white stripes was me paying a li'l tribute to the old logo and not wanting to use the yellow on my thumb, uniformity can be so boring sometimes. They look crooked because, once again, i was distracted by an ongoing episode of Ben-10 on Cartoon Network.. (Dotun, you will never learn sha, cartoon-junkie-of-life!..lol)

Most crooked lines i ever drew til date..laughing at myself..lol




Okay i done said a lotta good things about my bank and i surely hope the day will not come when i will lodge my first complaint..lol. So far so good, all is going great. Make i no just catch anyone slipping up, i would not even attempt to gauge my mood at that moment. Let's just hope we all remain good friends. On that note, in the immortal words of their security doors, "Welcome To First Bank!!)

 Thanks for stopping by guys, say hi once in a while and let me know what you think. Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Instagram