Wednesday 30 April 2014

Stripes Day 3: Neutral Minds..

Hello dears,

 Continuing my stripe week today and i must say, i feel so happy now that it's midweek, so looking forward to the weekend, pretty sure you're looking forward to it too..bless your soul!

    Okay my stripe mani today is very simple. Woke up feeling lazy and decided to apply that laziness to my colours today. I picked the two neutrals, black and white. Black lacquer background and applied a white stripe using my tape (will show how i do this in later posts).. You like?

playing with neutrals
 A certain trick for the eye in the pic..look closer..lol

my beautiful black and white nubbies..lol

closer shot of my nubs.. just plain black and white






You probably noticed my small finger is not the same style as the other three. This is deliberate. I decided to do a negative space art on my thumb and small finger. That little bit peeking through the black and white is my natural nail hence the concept of negative space, you can check my photo album on my Facebook page Dotun for an idea of what i mean, think i posted a pic of a negative space nail though i used blue instead of black. Can be done with almost any colour but the main theme is that a bit of your nude nail must always show through which is why tape is soooo useful for creating stripe art.

negative space thumb in black and white

 
negative space thumb..closer

see them both..


Hey sorry if today's art seems a bit dull. I could have added colour but that would spoil my stripe effect and it would be dotted on anyways..so plain post just for viewing. Let me know what you feel. Thanks again for stopping by, really appreciate the time you spend here. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers til next time. (*yawns*.. i suddenly feel very sleepy..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Instagram