Monday 28 April 2014

Stripes Day 1:Happy Candy Freehand.

Hello everyone!

    Welcome to a new week, I trust yours has started as great as mine and all is going splendidly with you wherever you are. Hope no problems? Be sure we will all have cause to smile before the week is over..amen!

  Let's go!


    This week is Stripe Nail Art week as i promised and I'm already off to a banging start. My stripes will all include freehand and tape stripes so I hope you find it interesting to see. I'm not gonna toe a certain beaten path and just gonna switch it all up and go with the flow. You ready?

  Day 1 of my stripe art sees me starting with free-handed stripes applied using my striper brush from my nail brush set (reminding myself to do a page post showing the tools i use to achieve such excellent art!). For starters i painted orange and yellow lacquer on alternating fingernails, coulda chose any other colours but orange and yellow are so sunny and i was kinda listening to Pharell's "Happy" song so felt sunny on the inside too and all i could think of was yellow and orange were bright happy colours. Bi mo se lo won niyen..lol.

  Start off with a clear base coat before applying the colours and then topcoat, as usual waited for them to dry before proceeding with the striping.

   Thank God i had the sense to assemble all i needed first else i woulda cried. Got my striper brush and proceeded to freehand the stripes in black. Make i no lie ooo, the stripes would have been a lot straighter and the patterns more assymetrical throughout if i wasn't too busy watching "Chopped" on Food Network (love that show so much!). Long story short, the lines came out higgedly-piggedly but i kinda like it cos it looks so bohemian (*raises fist and yells*.. Freedom!!!.. *chokes on laughs*.. All the same i love how it looked, reminded me of the Ankara material we Nigerians cherish so much for making clothes and shoes and bags and just about anything Ankara goes with..

   Hope you like it, i cringe a bit at the funny lines but hey, practice makes perfect. Let me know what you think dears. Enjoy!



my trusty friend again called into service, thanks TV Remote!



staring at them and i'm thinking candy chewing gum or butterfly wing-ish



 Thankfully this was a daylight picture session unlike the dotted art series which i did at night due to something generally known as Only Girl Syndrome whereby if you happen to be the only girl amongst your sibs, you sometimes end up doing almost all the house chores and cooking..*laughs*.. I kid around, love that!

I'm a bear, see my claws.. GRRRRR!! (bears do nail paint too!)







still gripping my bestie for dear life..lol
 Yellow and Orange kinda confusing the eye, ain't they? They are both so close on the colour spectrum so relax, your eyes will adjust..lol. Sowiee!

close up of those unruly stripes..hehe!




my little nubs looking all candy-like..tooots!




very subdued shot, i like the calm.

Thanks again for dropping in, hope i get to see you here again soon. I continue stripe art tomorrow so please let me know what you think by dropping any comments or criticisms in the comments box, i'd really appreciate it. Wishing you a wonderful day ahead.. cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Instagram