Sunday 6 April 2014

Hometown BlueBaby..

 
Hello darlings,
 
      Welcome again! For some reason my laziness in posting is in half-gear, desperately negotiating with the good Lord to bring it down to  minimum so I can proceed at full steam on this thing I so much love doing..lke to think I'm succeeding sha....lol.
 
     Ok, won't waste too much time. My nail art tonight was inspired by the Adire material from my hometown, the ancient City of Abeokuta (modern also!!). Adire Abeokuta is well-known all over Nigeria for its simple yet complex designs. Below is a pic showing an example of intricate patterns on a piece of Adire material. Beautiful isn't it?
 
 
Adire Abeokuta, usually always white patterns on a blue background.
 
 
 
An example of a simple-patterned Adire



        So I decided to recreate my own Adire pattern using simple dots on a blue background. I am sooooo biased towards dotted nail art (love it!!). Here are my own humble attempts to recreate an Adire pattern. Suffice it to say, the TV remote did an excellent job as my partner-in-crime in recording this nice piece of nail art...*tongue out*

Gripping the remote for dear life..*laughs*
 
 

Close-up shot of my own Adire nails, shame it's a bit blurred. sorry!
 

I love how this shot came out looking like coloured glass. Adire-Nailsssss!


    Adire has been around for so long I better not give it a numbered age. One thing is clear though, it is beautiful and timeless and the designs are so ethnic I can't help but be  proud of what my people are producing. Be sure to let me know what you think. Cheers!


Aha! A much clearer shot of my "Adire".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Instagram