Friday 18 April 2014

Happy Good Friday!!


Hello Darlings,

    so it's Good Friday. This is a day when christians the world over celebrate the sacrifice Our Lord made in dying for us all and redeeeming us all with His Life and Blood. I am Christian and proud of it but also grateful to have all friends from all faiths (yes, even those who traditionalists, I respect all..) . All in All, Good Friday is a good day for us all, God bless us all..

     My post today is just simply a small tribute to some of the elements of Good Friday that touched me the most.               
 

                                                                                                                                   
As usual, my faithful photography companion, the TV Remote, has so graciously sacrificed itself for my snaps and for your viewing pleasure (pun intended..lol)


I kept my nail art simple, honestly tried to convey the starkness of what today meant and how close it meant to me. All interpretations are mine, I do or did not consult anyone and i respect all opinions. Pics are subject to personal interpretations.. Let me describe each as much as i can..






 The nail art on my thumb was intended to represent the Blood and Water which gushed from the sides of Jesus Christ when He was stabbed in the side by the spear of a Roman soldier to ascertain if He was dead. I deliberately roughened up the art because the truth is Blood and Water coming out of anyone is not a pretty sight. Scary, yes!.. I can only imagine how horrified the soldier was after the deed was done. This was Negative Space in red, no black blood please!

Reflecting The Light. Symbolic..


The Index Finger: kept bare. I thought of it as God becoming man and shedding all toga of His divinity. All laid bare and taking on all the worries, struggles, frustrations and "wahala"* man is capable of having in his life.

My middle Finger: On a plain white background, I imposed two symbols. A Heart representing His own beating with Love enough for mankind and black xxx-es representing the thorns on his crown before cricifixion (sad-looking thorns i drew, please manage..*laughs*)

The Ring and Little Fingers: I painted blue. My ring finger has pale blue dots on it because i simply am too fond of dotted nail art and i find it really hard to do any kind of nail art without having dots in them (a weakness!)

God bless the TV Remote!!
I wish you all a wonderful Good Friday and Easter ahead. Got a surprise planned for you all in the weeks to come and I promise to improve myself daily. Let me know what you think and be sure to drop all comments and criticisms in the comments box.

May The Good Lord bless us all..

Happy Easter Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Instagram