Wednesday 23 April 2014

Dotted Nail Art Day 2:Rainbow Kid.


Hello darlings,
      I was watching the preview of Russell Crowe's "Noah" on TV when it occurred to me that I could create something from it. Race off to get my Bible and read the story again and what stuck in my mind was the Rainbow, symbol of God's promise to never again destroy the earth with floods. Wetin man pikin go do? Sharply the babe don assemble wetin she go use do the rainbow..(pidgin again..lol)

    In keeping with my theme of dotted nail art this week, I first applied a plain white lacquer as a background colour because I have discovered over time that white really emphasizes other colours (many thanks to the numerous nail bloggers whose blogs i read to get great tips..#appreciative). This step requires some patience cos i had to wait for the white to dry before starting my dots. Experience has taught that if I layer dots on wet lacquer, it kinda sinks in and I'm left with something that looks like a batik disaster..yeurkk!!

     All went well, it dried quick when i applied a topcoat and chilled watching Cartoons (don't roll your eyes jur, I'm a Disney addict..lol). Now came the fun part of painstakingly placing the dots like so presented. Me sef wey set task for myself, see as i tire after a while ehhh... Gotta admit though, i really loved the end result of all my hard work.
       


All shades of joy!


 
AH! My trusty friend and picture-snapping partner, Monsieur TV Remote..lol

Every day i improve on each one. So loving this right now!

Basically just having fun with myself ni oo!
 
Just loving this! Proud of every mistake i might have made..helps me grow. *grin*


once more, once again!


Softened look. I think the angle i was bending either the phone or my neck was responsible for this. Either way i love the shot! #kiss




 Thankful I am for the promise of a Rainbow which inspired my dotted nail art for the second day. I gotta thank you for taking time out to visit my blog and hope you liked what I had to show/share with you today. Look forward to hearing from you, be sure to give me a shout-out when you visit.

  Cheers and best of luck to you!!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Instagram