Thursday 24 April 2014

Dotted Day 3: Polka Thingies!


Hello everyone!

    As surely as the sun would rise, i was gonna keep my promise to do dotted nail art even

though right now i'm staring at a cake and thinking of cutting me a slice of it..invariably

looking for milk to accompany it and then quietly settling my butt down to watch Cartoon

Network or something.. *sighs*. A girl can only wish sha, duty always calls.I am maintaining

my discipline in the face of cake temptation.

   Okay! My dotted nail art today is a Polka Dot creation inspired by the screensaver of my

Nokia 103 phone. There I was sitting quietly, staring at nothing in particular and trying to

figure out a theme for my next dotted art when I noticed my small Nokia phone screen going

into screensaver mode, falling dots piling on each other kinda like a small avalanche.

Ding!! My brain booted immediately, there was the next theme starting at me.I immediately

decided on black and white for my polka dots, which look as elegant on clothes as  they do

on my nails.Did my thing and here they are..




white polka dots on a black background


 Now for my polkas, I did white dots on a black background but switched it up on my thumb

by having black dots on a white background. Personally I loved the contrast and was

absolutely delighted with it.If you  noticed, the dots are of two different sizes; big dots

with little dots dispersed in the spaces between. The falling "rocks" on my Nokia

screensaver were all different-sized too!


black polka dots on a white background on my thumb

(My partner aka TV Remote, was on hand to help with my photography again..pun intended!..lol)



see the contrast? I just love how it came out!



Looking closer...





  
aren't they just darling?..lol


ah, ha! that softly blurred effect i like very much



Why not let me know what you think? Got ideas for my next theme? Drop it and I may just

surprise you by trying it out.


Thanks again for visiting my blog, look forward to having you come enjoy again. Please let

me hear from you, I'd love to know how I'm helping to keep you in good spirits. Look forward

to hearing from you. Stay blessed.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Instagram