Wednesday 13 August 2014

Checkmate!!


*huge sigh*

Someday i'll just flog myself for all these constant absences. Partly my fault and partly not my fault. Been a lot busy lately and also discovered a  sudden love for sending my work to Instagram directly. I will however try to be consistent.

Hello Everyone!

My post today is  to show my first attempt ever at a chessboard pattern. Ever see something that just stuck in your mind and refused to go away? Well, that was how this chessboard pattern came to be. It refused to go away from my mind so i actually had to sit down and do something about it..lol.

This is the finished result of what was over an hour of work. Some nail designs require the patience of Job and i smudged this lot real well before i calmed down and did it properly.



Here is how i arrived at this lovely chessboard pattern..

First off started with base coat and white lacquer on my nails. Never mind the rough look initially, clean up is always the fun part
white lacquer as starting base
 

Next, using black paint, i used my thin nail art striper brush to draw a series of vertical lines from the base of the nail to the tips. I really wish the lines would have been smaller but that requires a steadier hand than i possessed at the time of making this particular pattern. Mea culpa again..

vertical lines from base to tip using black lacquer


After that, i drew a series of horizontal lines right over the original verticals, running from left to right. This gave me a nice lot of empty white boxes with black edges. At this point these were a lovely pattern on their own and my laziness should have kicked in so i could leave it alone but this chessboard in my mind refused to go away so i continued..phew!

horizontal lines above vertical.


To create the chessboard, i simply filled in one box with black lacquer and proceeded to alternate the filling of the boxes all the way down. You do know what a chessboard looks like so that's how i filled in. All boxes filled in and i got the lovely pattern i was after, never mind a few smudges here and there. I'm gonna repeat it again and will have something lovelier to show off.



They came out so well!


perfect in time but this came out a lot better than i expected.



thumbs but not tidied yet.

checkmate!!!


Hope you like these. I appreciate comments, suggestions and feedbacks. Do remember to follow me on the following platforms

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to have something more pleasant for your pleasure. cheers and stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Instagram